- Will nio run in the background on my smartphone or tablet?
- Can I connect to more than one nio Tag at a time?
With the current version of nio you can connect to 1 nio Tag and 1 nio Soft Tag (this is your tablet, or another smartphone).
We’ll soon be releasing an update for nio that allow you to connect up to 10 nio Tags at the same time with nio Chain and any number of nio Tags with nio Locate.
- Will the nio Tag work in water?
If your nio Tag becomes submersed in water remove it immediately and allow it to dry.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE TAG.
Drying make take over 24 hours depending on environmental conditions.
Attempt to connect to the nio Tag using your smartphone/tablet.
If this fails then the tag is beyond repair and must be replaced.
- Will nio work on the Tube, or where there is no mobile phone reception?
Yes it will. Unlike GPS tags, each nio Tag communicates directly with your smartphone/tablet and
does not need any phone reception, satellite, or communication tower to operate.
This makes it an ideal security companion inside shopping malls and on underground public transport.
- Does my smartphone/tablet have to be Bluetooth Smart Ready to use nio Tag?
Yes, nio Tag will only work on Bluetooth 4.0 handsets.
See our Compatibility page
for more information.
- Will the wireless chain length vary in different environments?
Yes, nio Chain has been designed to react to the environment that it is in based on the perceived risk.
For example, if you are in a room full of many people or obstructions and cannot directly see your tagged item,
then the wireless chain will be tighter than if there were no people or obstructions in the same room.
The ranges are therefore only guidelines and can also vary between smartphone and tablet models.
- Can I use other Bluetooth devices on my mobile whilst using nio Tag, such as my headset?
nio Tag will not interfere with other Bluetooth devices and has been tested to work with most Bluetooth headsets.
- On which smartphones and tablets does nio Tag currently operate?
nio Tag currently operates on most Apple devices running iOS 6.1 and iOS 7.
nio Tag also supports Bluetooth Smart Ready Android devices running Jelly Bean 4.3 or higher.
Please check the Compatibility page
for a full list of supported devices.
- What's the maximum range of nio Tag?
nio Tag has a typical maximum range of up to 25 meters.
In some conditions its range can be extended up to 100 meters.
- How can I download the nio app onto my smartphone or tablet?
nio can be downloaded for free from the apple app store and from the Google Play store.
- I've changed my mobile. Can I transfer nio onto my new device?
Yes, provided the device is supported and compatible with nio Tag.
Visit the Compatibility page
for more information.
- Does my smartphone or tablet have to be Bluetooth Smart Ready to use nio Tag?
Yes. nio Tag will only work on Bluetooth 4.0 devices.